By Bakers Journal
In the face of ongoing labour shortages in the foodservice industry and the struggle to recruit the right talent, Restaurants Canada announced its new partnership with Thomas International, who have helped companies recruit, retain and develop the right people for their business since 1981.
Through this partnership, Restaurants Canada members will receive preferred access to the Thomas International Personality Profile Assessment (PPA test). This test is administered by employers to evaluate candidates’ character traits in a more thorough way to determine whether they will be a proper fit for the job. In just eight minutes, the Thomas International assessment will give employers powerful insight into their candidates and their fit to a specific job role, which enhances the quality of hires and increases retention.
“Many businesses today struggle to find the right talent. Through these straightforward, easy to understand assessments, we hope to give those who do any type of hiring a leg up to ensure they are recruiting the right people for the position,” said Christopher Barry, Director of Membership at Restaurants Canada in a press release.
With this partnership, Restaurants Canada members will receive:
- Up to 60 per cent off on the internationally recognized Thomas Personality Performance Assessment tool
- Exclusive access to a job library of over 20+ foodservice (front and back-of-house) job descriptions in order to speed up the hiring process
- Customized webinar training to optimize the use of assessments
“We are excited about our partnership with Restaurants Canada and providing their members with preferred access to our proprietary assessment suite,” said Merle Ballaigues, President of Thomas International in the same press release. “Our reliable, valid and unbiased assessments provide powerful insights, giving businesses the knowledge and predictive science to recruit, retain, develop and manage their people with confidence.”
Through the use of Thomas International’s program, businesses will be able to:
- Recruit the right person, ensuring the right fit
- Improve communication throughout their organization
- Motivate and engage staff
- Identify areas for personal and team development
- Manage overall performance
- Assess team culture and align teams with business priorities