Podcast: One-on-one with Robyn Haley of Erwin’s Fine Baking on the Own A Bakery contest
August 21, 2023 By Bakers Journal
Bakers Journal editor Colleen Cross speaks with Robyn Haley, co-owner with her husband Shawn Haley of Erwin’s Fine Baking & Delicatessen in Kamloops, B.C.
Robyn and Shawn Haley, co-owners of Erwin’s Fine Baking & Delicatessen, in Kamloops, B.C., are looking to retire. Wanting to cover their retirement and also to give other entrepreneurs a strong start in the business, they devised a skills-based contest to identify the ideal candidate or candidates who can carry on the legacy of the 52-year-old bakery.
In this podcast you will learn about:
- Memorable moments at Erwin’s
- Robyn’s favourite products
- Why the Haleys dreamed up the Own A Bakery Contest
- What skills it takes to operate an independent community bakery
Learn more about Erwin’s and its succession competition at ownabakery.ca.
Print this page
- Insomnia Cookies opens first Canadian store
- New Brunswick Recovery Hiring Program open to Restaurants Canada members