Changes in store for 2016 Coupe du Monde
Team Canada will be baking their hearts out in hopes of winning the 2016 Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie Team Canada
Paris – Twelve international teams will duke it out in February to become Champion du Monde de la Boulangerie in a refreshed contest at the 2016 Europain & Intersuc show. Canada will be amongst those vying for the title, and fans will not want to miss Team Canada’s Marcus Mariathas, Alan Dumonceaux and James Holehouse battle to become bakery champions of the world.
The competition will run Feb. 5-9 at the Paris Nord Villepinte in Paris, France. For the ninth edition of this prestigious showdown, organizers have refreshed the program to make it more exciting for the jury, competitors and attendees. Thierry Marx has been chosen as the ambassador for this edition of the Coupe du Monde.
Changes to the 2016 contest include new points to be earned, new category titles and three new challenges to spice things up and test the finalists’ competitive spirit.· Category titles are now: Baguette & Bread of the World, Savoury Baking and Artistic Bakery Creation.
· A team Viennoiserie test intended to highlight team spirit and sharing that will see contestants work together to propose a line of savoury offerings adapted to the needs of athletes.
· An improvisation challenge to test creativity will see competitors given a basket of different ingredients a fermentation method in the bread category category, and list of ingredients and type of dough to be used in the Viennoiserie category.
· The theme for this edition’s Artistic Creation is ‘Sport representative of your country’. The artistic piece will include the products made for the new savoury baking test.
There will also be new roundtables designed to parallel the contest that visitors can attend on themes that are topical to challenges in the bakery sector worldwide. From Feb. 6-8, between 10:35 am and 11:10 am, three roundtables will address the following issues:
· Feb. 6 - The importance of contests in sharing knowledge and savoir faire
· Feb. 7 - The bakery industry: A major player driving changes in consumer habits
· Feb. 8 - New potential for growth and new sources of margins for artisan bakers
Register to attend this year’s event at www.europain.com. For more on what's new at Europain, visit Bakers Journal's update on the 2016 show.
Faema and Aurora Importing collaborate for Italian Heritage MonthLorenzo Di Donato, vice-president, marketing strategist and business developer for…
IBIE 2019 offers more education, more exhibitsThis year’s IBIEducate is offering more than 100 seminars and…
The "tart" of a good food festivalFor many small bakeries, competing with grocery stores or large-scale…
CFIA confiscated over 12K adulterated honeyThe Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food announced…
BAC Atlantic Chapter Annual Golf TournamentTue Sep 17, 2019 @11:00am
BAC Ontario Chapter Night at the RacesWed Sep 25, 2019 @ 6:00pm
BAC BC Chapter Fall Baking Workshop: "Quest for All Things Sourdough"Wed Oct 23, 2019 @ 2:00pm
BAC Ontario Chapter Annual Holiday SocialFri Nov 29, 2019