GIC show announces top 10
By Laura Aiken
Grocery Innovations Canada (GIC) crowned its innovation winners on September 28, the first day of the trade event in Toronto.
The winners, in no particular order, are:
· Global Gardens Group’s Veggemo (Advantage Sales and Marketing) Booth 603
· Natural Delights Date Rolls (Bard Valley Medjool Date Growers Association) Booth 1609
· Nordica Smooth Cottage Cheese (Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Limited) Booth 1118
· Popping Pops (Nestlé Canada) Booth 803
· Prema Chai Spiced Tea (Original Prema Chai Inc.) Booth 1826
· Tandoori Lasagna (Tandoori Oven) Booth 1624
· ChewSome Soft Candy (Redfrog Enterprises) Booth 1814
· Bottle Green’s Tonic Water (Tree of Life) Booth 1109
· Coupgon App (Coupgon) Booth 733
· Flow Water (Flow Water – Unique Foods) Booth 1809
Best Booth winners:
· Best Single (Wedderspoon Organic) Booth 1702
· Best Double (Mill Street Brewery) Booth 741
· Best Multiple (PTI Foods) Booth 1817
· Best Marketed (Weston Bakeries/Ready Bake Foods) Booth 525.
To open the trade floor Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Jeff Leal cut the ribbon at the Choose Ontario Pavilion. This year’s trade floor has seven new category pavilions: Health and Wellness, Global, Gourmet and Specialty, Halal Food, Local/Choose Ontario, Bakery and Confectionery, HMR and Foodservice, and for the first time ever, Craft Brewers. Also premiering this year, exhibitors and attendees were offered the option to buy/sell from each other directly on the show floor.
The GIC show runs September 28-29 and the Toronto Congress Centre. For more information, visit http://cfig.ca/grocery-innovations-canada/.