Top product innovations for 2013 revealed
October 16, 2012
By Bakers Journal
Oct. 16, 2012, Toronto – The Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers
(CFIG) announced its Top 10 most innovative products for 2013 during
Grocery Innovations Canada.
Oct. 16, 2012, Toronto – The Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers (CFIG) announced its Top 10 most innovative products for 2013 during Grocery Innovations Canada, the CFIG's annual trade show and conference, which took place in Toronto on Oct. 1 and 2. Canadian grocers and industry delegates in attendance voted on the innovative products after having the opportunity to test and review hundreds of new products for the upcoming year.
“This year’s event was filled with new and unique products that consumers will see more of in the coming year. Our voting members and delegates had a tough decision to make, but they have chosen some truly outstanding products,” said John F.T. Scott, president and CEO of the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers.
Products were evaluated based on three criteria: most unique, most buzz-worthy and best consumer response. In no particular order, the top 10 most innovative products are:
- MiO Liquid Water Enhancer (Kraft Foods Inc.) www.kraftbrands.com/mio
- Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix (Acosta Canada) www.duncanhines.com
- Stock First (Campbell’s) www.cookwithcampbells.ca
- Balsamic Cream (La Carrera)
- Coconut Vinegar (Organika) www.facebook.com/OrganikaHealth
- E6 Energy Strips (Simcoe Asia Group) www.e6energy.com/strips
- Take Home, Bake Fresh Products (Koko Patisserie) www.kokopatisserie.com
- TO Tablex (Tablex ) www.tablex.ca
- Buitoni Pizza (Nestle) www.nestle.ca
- Belvita Breakfast Biscuits (Kraft Foods Inc.) www.belvitabreakfast.com
Print this page