Grocery Innovations Canada’s top 10 innovative products
By Bakers Journal
By Bakers Journal
October 25, 2011, Toronto – The Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers (CFIG) has announced its Top 10 Innovative Products for 2012.
Canadian grocers and industry delegates attending the annual Grocery Innovations Canada trade show and conference voted on the innovative products, after having the opportunity to test and review hundreds of new products for the upcoming year.
“The grocery industry is often at the forefront of innovation and this year was no different,” said John F.T. Scott, president and CEO of the CFIG. “Our members and delegates had a tough decision before them and have chosen some truly outstanding products.”
Products were evaluated based on three criteria: most unique, most buzz-worthy and best consumer response.
This year's Top 10 Innovative Products, presented in no particular order, are:
- Natrel Dark Chocolate Milk (from Agropur Cooperative)
- Toschi Gelato (Alfa Cappuccino Imports Inc.)
- Bisquick Shake’n Pour (General Mills Canada)
- IslandWay Sorbet (Islandway Sorbet Canada Inc.)
- AquaHydrate Purified Water (Les Aliments Unique Foods)
- Nestle Personal-Sized Ice Cream (Nestle)
- Ntale EcoDurable Bags (ntake EcoDurable Products)
- Gatorade Recover (Pepsico Canada)
- Country Comfort Grilled Cheese Sandwich (The Dunbar Food Group)
- VISIONLINK Security Monitoring Systems (VISIONLINK Security Inc.)
Grocery Innovations Canada 2011runs Oct. 24 and 25 at the Toronto Congress Centre. The annual trade show presented by CFIG features booths and exhibits from the local, national and international brands including Kraft, General Mills and Nestlé.
The CFIG is a non-profit trade association founded in 1962. Representing over 4,000 grocery retailers from every part of Canada, CFIG is a strong and united voice for independent grocers, providing programs for operational excellence, facilitating educational and training programs and fostering enabling-relationships among retailers and suppliers.