A formula from the South Korean team competing in last year’s Coupe Louis Lesaffre.
|Egg yolk||200 g|
|Fresh butter||500 g|
Pastry cream, morello cherries, fresh butter and vanilla sugar.
1. Autolyse: mix all ingredients except yeast, salt and butter for two minutes in second speed, then rest for 20 minutes.
2. Add yeast and salt, then mix for two minutes in first speed, then three minutes in second speed; add butter at the end of the mixing.
3. Let rest for 40 minutes at 28 C, then leave in fridge for 12h at 3 C.
4. Divide into 80 g pieces, and rest for 20 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough pieces and proof for 30 minutes.
6. Create four holes in the top of the dough, fill with pastry cream, then cherries, then dot with butter. Egg wash, then sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
7. Bake at 240 C for 9-10 minutes.
To find out more about the Coupe Louis Lesaffre go to www.coupelouislesaffre.com .
Print this page