July 5, 2023 By Bakers Journal
Fruit d’Or, a North American grower, harvester and processor of organic cranberries and wild blueberries, will debut crunchy blueflakes, cranflakes and other better-f0r-you during IFT FIRST 2023 July 16-19 in Chicago.
Attendees can be the first to sample these ingredients:
- Unsweetened and soft gems (no sugar added, fibre-enriched, organic): Fruit d’Or unsweetened and soft cranberries contain no added sugar. For a soft and moist texture, the berries are infused in a soluble fibre which increases the fruit’s fibre content. Applications include trail mixes, bakery products, cereals and bars, and snacks.
- Crunchy blueflakes and cranflakes (organic, clean label, no sugar added): Only one ingredient, just fruit with a satisfying crunch. The berries retain all their benefits and natural goodness, including polyphenols. Applications include confectionary, granola, energy bars, cold cereals and tea/herbal tea.
- Cranberry and wild blueberry 100 per cent fruit powders (no added sugar, antioxidants, clean label, organic): With no added sugar, preservatives, flavour, additives or fillers, these powders are concentrated deliciousness. It takes 37 pounds of cranberries to produce a single pound of 100 per cent fruit powder. These whole fruit powders contain polyphenols and anthocyanins. Applications include dairy, energy bars, bakery, smoothies and confectionery.
- Cranberry seeds and dry seed extract (upcycled and sustainably sourced, clean label, organic): The distinctively red, crunchy little seeds are made using ingredients upcycled from Fruit d’Or’s cranberry production, making them a sustainable choice. The seeds and dry seed extract provide protein, fibre plus omega-3 and omega-6. Applications include energy bars, bakery, confectionery and cereals.
The products contain no additives, preservatives, added sugar, flavours, colours or genetically modified organisms, the company said.
Print this page
- BBGA presents virtual bake-along on pizza and flatbread
- Canadian Pizza Summit Toronto Oct. 30 open for registration