|Flour, all purpose
|Blueberries, cultivated, fresh or frozen
yield: 10 9-inch tortas
- Blend together sugar and butter.
- Add flour, baking powder and eggs; mix to combine.
- Spread in prepared pans.
- Sprinkle blueberries (patted dry to remove excess moisture) evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 F (177 C) about one hour, until done.
- Drizzle each torta with confectioner’s sugar and milk icing.
BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BREAKFAST BREAD
- Flour – 1 - 1/3 cups
- Quick cooking oats – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Frozen blueberries (should be firmly frozen when baking) – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Grease an 8-inch round baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a 1-cup measure, stir milk, oil and egg; pour all at once into flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries; spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until cake is golden and pulls away from sides of pan, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a rack for five to 10 minutes. Serve warm.