May 19, 2016 By U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
These recipes for blueberry torta and blueberry oatmeal breakfast bread are courtesy of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council and sure to please with fresh, simple flavours. www.blueberrytech.org
|Flour, all purpose||2||8|
|Blueberries, cultivated, fresh or frozen||6||8|
yield: 10 9-inch tortas
- Blend together sugar and butter.
- Add flour, baking powder and eggs; mix to combine.
- Spread in prepared pans.
- Sprinkle blueberries (patted dry to remove excess moisture) evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 F (177 C) about one hour, until done.
- Drizzle each torta with confectioner’s sugar and milk icing.
BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BREAKFAST BREAD
- Flour – 1 – 1/3 cups
- Quick cooking oats – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Frozen blueberries (should be firmly frozen when baking) – 1 cup
yield: 8 portions
- Preheat oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Grease an 8-inch round baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a 1-cup measure, stir milk, oil and egg; pour all at once into flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries; spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until cake is golden and pulls away from sides of pan, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a rack for five to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Print this page