Bakers Formula: Gluten-Free Focaccia
April 4, 2022 By Canadian Celiac Association
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (300 g) Cup4Cup Wholesome flour
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (300 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
- 1/4 ounce (7g) instant dried yeast
- 2-1/4 teaspoon (14 g) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons (25 g) sugar
- 2-1/4 cups carbonated water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Maldon salt or other coarse salt, for finishing
- Coarsely chopped rosemary for finishing
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a stand mixer bowl fitted with
a paddle attachment. Paddle until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Add the water then paddle on lowest speed just until all the ingredients come together, and no lumps of flour remain. Scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil in the bottom of a 9” x 9” baking dish.
- Transfer the dough to the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Allow the dough to proof in a warm humid area of the kitchen for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- While the focaccia is proofing, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- After the focaccia has proofed, wet your fingers and press dimples randomly into the surface of the dough.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over the top surface of the dough.
- Place the focaccia in the centre of the oven. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the focaccia is a deep golden-brown color with crisp edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary and Maldon salt.
- Cool until warm before cutting into desired portions.
For more recipes, visit bakersjournal.com
Print this page
Stories continue below