OCB turkey pot pie
October 18, 2018 By Ontario Craft Brewers
Cozy up this fall with a warm pie and Cameron’s Auburn Ale. Thanks, OCB and Cameron’s Pale Ale!
Pie Dough – Ingredients
443.5g all-purpose flour, 291g unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, 79.99 g ice water, and a pinch of salt.
Add flour, butter and pinch of salt to the mixer, until mix is coarse. Add ice water, remove dough from mixer and form into a flat ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour. When dough has chilled remove from freezer and roll onto a lightly floured surface until it is 1/3 of an inch thick. Place the pot pie baking dish on top of the dough and trace with a knife half an inch from the edge of the baking dish. Keep pie crust covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Filling – Ingredients
- 2.73 kg cooked turkey breast, diced
- 480 g Cameron’s Auburn Ale
- 960 g turkey or chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 72.75g unsalted butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 purple-topped turnip, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 onion, diced
- 153.6 g wild mushrooms
- 18.9 g tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2g chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2g chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350. In a large roasting pan, bring beer to a simmer and cook for three minutes. Add stock and bring back to a simmer. Transfer liquid to a saucepan, boil to reduce to 2 cups. Melt 3TB of butter in the liquid and add the all the vegetables. Cook vegetables until tender. Transfer vegetables to a plate and pour liquid into separate bowl. Melt rest of butter over medium heat, add flour and stir, for 5 minutes. Add the liquid (without vegetables) bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add turkey, vegetables and herbs; Mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
Fill a dish with mixture. Brush edges of the dish with egg wash. Top with egg washed pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden.
Print this page