This recipe for fabulous (and gluten-free) Cranberry Almond Loaf was created by Elana Amsterdam.
It is one the delicious formulas you’ll find in The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, a book Amsterdam wrote for the Almond Board of California.
Yield: One loaf
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Creamy roasted almond butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Olive oil
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Baking soda
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Dried apricots, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Excess sliced almonds to sprinkle on top
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter, olive oil and eggs with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda. Blend arrowroot mixture into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Fold in apricots, cranberries, seeds and sliced almonds.
- Grease a 3 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 2 1/4 inch loaf pan with olive oil and dust with almond flour. Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining sliced almonds on top.
- Bake at 180 C (350 F) for 40 to 50 minutes until a knife inserted into centre comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for one hour before serving.
Print this page