These tasty muffins turned out even better than I had hoped.
These tasty muffins turned out even better than I had hoped. The malt gives them a bit of a funky aroma before baking but they’re good ole’ healthy-like muffins once baked.
I hope you like…
In the March edition of Bakers Journal, we covered the myriad of ways you can add flavour and texture to your baking with the addition of beer. This recipe calls for Black Oak Brewery spent grains.
Banana Peanut Butter Spent Grain Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Black Oak Brewery spent grains
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease 16 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a blender, purée bananas, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk, oil and eggs. Stir into flour mixture just until combined; fold in spent grains.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared muffin cups. Bake until tops are firm to the touch, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack. Makes: 16 muffins.
Follow Alison on Twitter @Alicatchef @OntCraftBrewers. This recipe is courtesy of Ontario Craft Brewers.
Print this page