A Recipe for Online Sales
February 14, 2008
By Bakers Journal
Here are Kinnikinnick’s Jerry Bigam’s key suggestions for cyber sales success:
- Pick a niche market with specialty products – in Kinnikinnick’s case, good, gluten-free product. Generic products that are readily available from local retailers are unlikely to generate online sales.
- Offer sufficient products range to attract attention and encourage repeat online sales. “Don’t become a one-trick pony,” says Bigam.
- Meet your online promises – including having sufficient capacity to meet the kind and volumes of orders that can quickly flood in online.
- Carefully consider how perishable product can reach customers in a timely fashion. (Consider not only transportation but also coding products to meet customs and health regulation.)
- Ensure distribution is cost-effective for you and your customer.
- Have a secure payment system to safeguard customer confidentiality and to ensure payment.
- Let customers (through the designated courier) track their orders.
To check out Kinnikinnick’s website for yourself, click here .
Print this page
Stories continue below