Sneak Peek at International Artisan Bakery Expo’s speakers
By Bakers Journal
By Bakers Journal
Emerald Expositions, a U.S.-based B2B trade show and conference producer, announced the launch of the International Artisan Bakery Expo (IABE).
The event will stage alongside the renowned International Pizza Expo, March 5‐7, 2019 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“For the first time in more than a decade, the artisan and retail bakers will have an annual trade show focused on their unique businesses,” said Peter Lachapelle, Vice President of Food Group for Emerald Expositions in a press release. The show will seek to marry a new breed of baker, the artisan baker, selling high quality, unpackaged baked goods with the supplier representatives of the ingredients and equipment they use.”
The Artisan Bakery Expo is designed for the artisan baker offering fresh, unpackaged products sold through specialty retail bakeries, in‐store bakeries, bakery cafés, other foodservice operations and intermediate wholesale bakers. The Artisan Bakery Expo will be co‐located with the world’s largest pizza show. Attendees will have complete access to Pizza Expo’s show floor, demonstrations, seminars and networking events.
“Compared to other industry events, the International Artisan Bakery Expo is not only a fresh concept aimed at today’s artisan baking community, it’s an unmatched value,” said Lachapelle, in the same release. “We’re uniquely positioned to offer valuable content early enough in 2019 that businesses can be positively affected by what is learned at IABE.”
To curate the educational component, the Artisan Bakery Expo has partnered with the Bread Bakers Guild of America (BBGA) and American Cake Decorating Magazine (ACD) to design seminars and demonstrations for artisan bakers, led by artisan bakers.
A preview of educational sessions include:
- The Future of Bread Presenter: Peter Reinhart
- So, You Want to Open an Artisan Bakery? Presenter: Stanley Ginsberg
- Good Bread is Good for You: Presenter: Tom Gumpel
- Beautiful Folds of Flavour / Lamination 101: Presenter: Jeremy Gadouas
- Recruiting & Retaining Employees Presenters: Leslie Mackie & Scott France
- Maintaining Margins in a Specialty Bakery: Presenters: Amy Scherber & Sharon Burns‐Leader
- The Right Product Mix in a Bakery Café: Presenters: Solveig Tofte & Rachel Wyman
- Marketing High‐End Cakes: Presenters: Rebekah Wilbur
- Remember the Chocolate: Presenter: Jorg Amsler
- Working with Ancient Grains Presenter: Ciril Hitz
To register for the International Artisan Bakery Expo, Click here.