Customers will enjoy buying, eating and sharing these classic treats, they’re also a great option to fill up lunch bags for young and old.
This delicious oatmeal cookie recipe is courtesy of Sandra Katsiou, owner of Baker and Scone in Toronto.
Organic butter, softened 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla – 2 tsp
- White sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
- Large flake oats – 2-1/2 cups
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla bean, pod scraped – 1
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a stand mixer on medium speed, begin by creaming butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and pods, and continue mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours and baking soda together until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, briefly mix for 30 seconds.
- Add oats and mix until ‘just’ combines, do not over mix at this point.
- On a cookie sheet place dollops of dough, spacing out two inches apart.
- Leave dough nice and high, instead of flattening, and this will create thick chewy cookies.
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
(TIP: underbake to achieve a chewy soft centered cookie.)
Print this page