Bakers Formula: Succulent cupcakes & Matcha Macadamia Nut Doughnuts
February 20, 2020 By Dawn Foods
Spring is around the corner, and for those looking for a touch of green in their baking, here’s a way make your cupcake display bloom indoors even though it’s still cold and grey outside.
The bright green makes for a cheerful St. Paddy’s alternative to leprechauns and four leaf clovers; perfect for those looking to bring a treat to the office on Earth Day in April, or just looking for an excuse to green a centerpiece on a table with cupcakes.
- #02494889 Dawn Exceptional® _Baker’s Request Honey Cake Mix 25#
- #02406032 Dawn Exceptional® _Ground Fruit Peach Filling Pouch Pak 12/2#
- #02439918 Dawn Exceptional® _White Buttercreme Style Icing 32#
- #02342799 Novacart 2.5 x 1.625 White Baking Cups
- Bourbon Flavoring
- Fresh Peaches
- Mix cake according to bag instructions. Scoop 1.5 oz batter into each cavity of cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350°F until cupcakes spring back lightly when touched. Cool completely.
- Using a small round cutter, remove the center of each cupcake, pipe in peach filling.
- Mix together 3 lbs of buttercreme and 1 tbs of bourbon flavoring.
- Ice cupcakes with prepared buttercreme and decorate with fresh peach slices.
Matcha Macadamia Nut Doughnuts
Matcha adds a touch of elegance to the workaday doughnut. This brings a hint of spring in its light green colour and the taste is a cozy suggestion of tea with an elevated ingredient. Suggest this to clients who want to bring an international flare to a morning meeting with a selection of these doughnuts for the office.
- #00008474 Dawn Exceptional® _Sweet Sour Cream Old Fashioned Mix 50#
- #00672560 Dawn Exceptional® _Enhanced Stability White Flat Icing 43#
- #00018952 Dawn Exceptional® _Fon Dip Enhanced Stability White Flat Icing 50#
- #02367838 JF Braun #5 Macadamia Nut 25#, chopped
- Culinary matcha
- Prepare donut mix according to bag instructions. Fry and let cool completely.
- Mix together 1 tbs matcha powder and 1 pound white flat icing.
- Dip donut in icing, sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle with flat icing.
Print this page