Bakers Journal Virtual Innovation Day
April 19, 2021 at
Round Table: Pivoting or staying the course
Moderator: Naomi Szeben, Editor, Bakers Journal
Anthony Borgo, Coordinator Baking and Pastry Arts program at Georgian College
Bonny Koabel, CPA, CGA, President of AKR Consulting Canada
Paul Hetherington, President and CEO of Baking Association Canada
Steve Fox, Owner of Fox’s Bakery
- How to stay on top of mind without blowing your marketing budget.
- Advice on using up inventory, or creative ways to fulfill orders (i.e. creating pre-packaged ‘hostess gift boxes’ or “cookie baking kits with dough, cutters, sprinkles, icing and instructions.) Paul Hetherington of BAC to discuss pivoting vs. staying the course?
- Chef Anthony Borgo: What skills will new bakers/chefs need for the new food industry landscape?
- Financial advice on ways to recoup funds, grants that a bakery could apply for, and ways to stay aloft
- Online business (Digital Main Street) options. Bonny Koabel to discuss financial options.