Business and Operations
Unilever Canada brands launch new ice cream products
May 4, 2022 By Bakers Journal
Toronto – Unilever Canada has announced its new 2022 packaged ice cream and frozen novelty products, including Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Magnum, Popsicle and newly launched Wall’s.
New products include Magnum Duets, a twice-dipped ice cream bar and a globally inspired ice cream line from Wall’s.
“We are proud to bring our experience and knowledge from markets around the world and expand our portfolio to serve the evolving tastes of Canadian consumers and develop the Ice Cream category into new spaces,” said Andrea Grimandi, general manager of Unilever Ice Cream Canada, based in Simcoe, Ont.
Magnum Duets are ice cream bars twice dipped in two types of chocolates and sold in four flavour combinations:
- Cookie Duet: Vanilla ice cream with chocolate ganache swirl, fully dipped in white chocolate with dark chocolate cookie pieces and half-dipped in milk chocolate
- Almond Duet: Almond ice cream with brown sugar almond butter swirl, fully dipped in milk chocolate with almond and half-dipped in dark chocolate
- Chocolate Duet: Vanilla ice cream with raspberry swirl, fully dipped in white chocolate and half-dipped in milk chocolate
- Caramel Duet: Caramel ice cream with sea salt caramel swirl, fully dipped in dark chocolate and half-dipped in milk chocolate
Wall’s has launched in Canada with an internationally inspired lineup of ice cream products. New flavours include:
- Bubble Tea, inspired by the tastes of Taiwan and featuring milk tea ice cream with a brown sugar swirl and chewy tapioca inclusions. It is also available in frozen novelty bars in Milk Tea and Pudding flavours
- Ube, inspired by the tastes of the Philippines and featuring smooth yam ice cream with a rich purple colour, flavoured with ube puree.
- Malai Kulfi,inspired by the tastes of India and featuring thick kulfi-style ice cream, flavoured with cardamom and saffron, with crunchy almond inclusions.
Breyers has a new line of Canadian Desserts flavours:
- Nanaimo Bar (inspired by British Columbia): Dark chocolate base with coconut flakes and a graham cracker ripple, swirled with a creamy custard base
- Butter Tart (inspired by Ontario): A vanilla base layered with luscious caramel swirl and buttery pastry pieces
- Sugar Pie (inspired by Québec): A vanilla base ribboned with a maple swirl and maple crunch pieces
- Blueberry Grunt (inspired by the East Coast): A vanilla base ribboned with a blueberry sauce and buttery pastry pieces
Ben & Jerry’s now offers fans 28 flavours, the largest variety to date in its Canadian lineup. They include:
- Banana Foster Core: Banana-cinnamon ice cream with almond toffee clusters and a salted caramel core
- Karamel Sutra Core: Chocolate and caramel ice creams with fudge chips and soft caramel core
- Impretzively Fudge Core: Vanilla and chocolate ice creams with fudge-covered pretzel pieces and fudge core
- Strawberry Jammin’: Sweet cream ice cream with pie crust pieces, white fudge bits and strawberry jam swirls
- Milk & Cookies: Vanilla ice cream with a chocolate cookie swirl, chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip cookies
- Chewy Gooey Cookie: Milk chocolate and coconut ice creams with fudge flakes, shortbread cookies and caramel swirls
- Mint Chocolate Chance: Mint ice cream loaded with fudge brownies (inspired by Chance the Rapper’s own favourite concoction growing up)
- The Tonight Dough (Non-Dairy): Caramel and chocolate non-dairy frozen dessert with chocolate cookie swirls and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cookie dough
Popsicle launches Shakesicles bars inspired by nostalgic diner classics like strawberry and vanilla shakes and made with malt:
- Shakesicle Strawberry Bar: Strawberry flavoured bar with a creamy soft serve texture, made with natural flavours
- Shakesicle Vanilla Bar: Vanilla flavoured bar with a creamy soft serve texture, made with natural flavours
- Breyers x Popsicle Strawberry Shakesicle: Creamy and smooth strawberry flavour, it’s a top requested flavour, made with natural colours and flavours
Print this page