The Pastry Chef’s Companion
November 4, 2010 By Bakers Journal
November 4, 2010 – The Pastry Chef’s Companion is a comprehensive resource guide for baking and pastry professionals.
The book contains more than 4,800 terms and definitions from around the world, plus ten appendices filled with helpful resources. It combines the features of a dictionary and an encyclopedia, providing phonetic pronunciations and information about the origin and historical background of many terms.
The book also offers:
• Classic and contemporary flavour trends that reflect today's pastry palette and industry practices
• Coverage of the key factors in the production of quality pastry products
• Listings of specialty vendors, professional organizations, and online baking and pastry resources
• Troubleshooting guide to fixing common baking and pastry problems
• Illustrations of uncommon pastry products and equipment
To purchase The Pastry Chef’s Companion, please visit The Annex Bookstore.
Print this page
Leave a Reply