Bakers Journal

Update: Sigep 2022 event postponed to March

January 4, 2022
By Bakers Journal

Rimini, Italy – Due to the current developments regarding the pandemic, the 43rd edition of Sigep, initially scheduled in January, has been postponed to March 12-16, 2022.

Sigep the Dolce World Expo expects trade operators, associations and brands from Europe, Eastern Europe, America, South America, CIS countries and Asia and 1,000 exhibiting brands at its trade show Jan. 22-26, 2022.

“Sigep is scheduled to take place, in physical form . . . at Rimini Expo Centre and will be the Italian World Ambassador of dolce, tracing, through talk shows, presentations and demonstrations, the evolutionary path of a sector that, in recent years, has faced unprecedented challenges,” said Corrado Peraboni, CEO of organizer Italian Exhibition Group, in a news release.

Intense research and incoming activities aimed at international buyers have been carried out with the help of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and ITA-Italian Trade Agency, in order to ensure maximum participation of qualified operators in Europe, 60 per cent of whom from Europe, Russia and the CIS countries, and the remaining 40 per cent from Eastern Europe, as well as a large number of buyers from countries in America, South America, the Gulf, Africa and Asia. The participation of authoritative foreign trade sector associations has been confirmed, especially from Europe and the United States.


The Gelato Arena will host “Sigep Gelato d’Oro”, the Italian selection rounds of gelato and pastry chefs who, in 2023, will compete in the 1st edition of the Gelato European Cup and, in 2024, again in Rimini, in the 10th Gelato World Cup. In the Coffee Arena , competitions for baristas and coffee professionals to decree the Italian champions who, for the Barista, Brewers Cup and Cup Tasters categories, will go to the WCC world championship in Melbourne, while the Cup Tasters category will hold its world final in Warsaw. Lastly, the Bakery Arena will host demos and talks organized by the Richemont Club with international guests and special training sessions for young people.

For those who are unable to travel, the event’s Digital Agenda will be active following the in-person event.

For more information, visit

Print this page


Stories continue below


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *