Saputo Inc. pledges to reduce its operational water and energy wastes in an effort to support environmentally sustainable habits. The company announced a formal commitment to make significant and sustainable progress by 2025. This represents a step in Saputo’s journey to create shared value for its stakeholders through its approach to social, environmental and economic performance.
More specifically, Saputo commits to
- Reducing CO2 intensity of its operations by 20 per cent
- Reducing the energy and water intensities of its operations by 10 per cent
- Reducing its wastewater quality year-over-year
- Reducing its total operational waste by 25 per cent
- Increase its diversion rate to 75 per cent
- Reduce its food waste by 50 per cent
- Reducing its material use by 15 per cent
- Ensure 100 per cent of its packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable
- Ensure its packaging includes at least 15 per cent recycled or renewable content.
Saputo expects to deliver on these tangible goals with targeted initiatives focusing on renewable electricity, resource conservation and sustainable packaging. The company will allocate additional resources to support the execution of this global action plan, including a three-year investment of CDN$50 million. Also, Saputo has established a governance framework to foster company-wide accountability and ownership, with Carl Colizza, president and chief operating officer (North America), serving as its executive champion.
Moreover, Saputo has updated its environmental policy to reflect and uphold its 2025 goals and its long-term commitment to pursue environmentally responsible business practices.
Looking ahead, Saputo will extend efforts to its supply chain to further assist in helping address industry-wide environmental considerations.
Print this page