- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a stand mixer on medium speed, begin by creaming butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and pods, and continue mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours and baking soda together until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, briefly mix for 30 seconds.
- Add oats and mix until ‘just’ combines, do not over mix at this point.
- On a cookie sheet place dollops of dough, spacing out two inches apart.
- Leave dough nice and high, instead of flattening, and this will create thick chewy cookies.
- Bake 11-12 minutes or until golden brown.
(TIP: underbake to achieve a chewy soft centered cookie.)