No Sugar Added Hot Buns
Yield: 150 buns
1. Place the first nine ingredients into the mix bowl.
2. Blend two minutes on slow speed, then eight minutes on fast speed; add fruit in the last minute of mixing.
3. Bench time is 30 minutes, scale at 2.75oz (72g), then proof for 55-65 minutes at 105 F.
4. Pipe crosses on buns just prior to going into oven.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 F to 365 F.
6. Glaze buns with a simple syrup of 10 per cent egg as they come out of the oven to give the buns a dry to the touch glaze.
P.S. Bun spice is mix of nutmeg, cinammon, cloves and ginger.
This recipe comes courtest of Brian Hinton of Lakeview Bakery in Calgary. Hinton says a good proportion of quality fruit will set these apart from their competition. He also suggests washing and straining the fruit one day ahead.
Caramel colour (optional)
Print this page