Canned navy beans or lentils 125 ml
Canola oil 30 ml
Packed brown sugar 175 ml
Vanilla extract 5 ml
Semi-sweet chocolate chips 125 ml
Rolled oats 325 ml
Whole wheat flour 175 ml
Baking soda 2 ml
Yield: 24 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 190 C (375 F). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Purée beans with egg until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add bean and egg purée and continue beating until well combined. Add chocolate chips and oats.
4. Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Drop onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe is courtesy of Pulse Canada.