August 19, 2021 By Recipe courtesy of the Blackbird Pie Company and the Wild Blueberry Association.
Ingredients – Pastry for 24 tarts
- 2-1/2 cups (625 ml) frozen wild blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) sour cherries (halved)
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1-1/2 tbsp (23 ml) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- Using either your favourite homemade or store bought pastry, roll and form 24 tart shells in aluminum tins or standard sized muffin tins.
- Barely melt butter in microwave (30 sec.) or stove top.
- Using your hands mix together flour, brown sugar and butter until a soft crumble forms. Set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, flour, sugar, lemon juice and zest until creamy and smooth.
- Add fruit to sour cream mixture and combine.
- Divide fruit/cream mixture evenly among all 24 tart shells.
- Divide crumble topping onto the top of each tart.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes. Crumble should be golden and juices thickened.
The tarts may overflow while cooking. To avoid a mess in the oven place your tart shells/muffin pan onto a cookie sheet.
Print this page