Business and Operations
RC Show goes virtual for 2021
By Bakers Journal
The 2021 RC Show will expand to four days to allow for more solution-based content, aligned with smaller events – all designed to support one of the hardest hit sectors of the Canadian economy.
Restaurants Canada invites chefs, baristas, foodservice operators, distributors, brokers, retailers and buyers to join live and participate in the foodservice-centric trade show between February 28-March 3, 2021.
“2020 has been a devastating year for the foodservice industry and we have to adapt and adjust at a faster rate than ever before,” said Todd Barclay, president & CEO, Restaurants Canada in a press release. “This is the time for our industry to rebuild, reinvent and reconnect. The RC Show will bring together some of the top speakers, biggest brands, innovators and cutting-edge products under the banner of RC’s ‘Feeding the Recovery’ campaign supporting our industry, people and planet.”
To ensure the show does not miss a beat, while also looking to capture a larger audience, all activities and content will be supported by a revolutionary and Canadian-made technology. NexTech Inferno AR will allow the 2021 RC Show to host a large international audience and offer all attendees the opportunity to customize their experience and make the four-day event their own. Attendees will have access to an interactive trade show floor with augmented reality and hologram demonstrations, chat enabled exhibitor booths and broadcast-quality content sessions.
Virtual networking spaces and engagement tools will allow buyers and sellers to connect, driving value aligned with unique growth goals.
“We are excited to be chosen as the virtual host for the upcoming RC Show 2021,” stated Paul Duffy, president of NexTech AR Solutions. “We fully understand how significant the RC Show is to the industry at large and believe our platform is uniquely positioned to provide attendees and exhibitors with ways to connect over shared experiences with food, even in a digital setting. We look forward to paving the road for the future by providing a platform experience that will provide rich analytics, AR-powered cooking demos and online distributor booths. We hope to help Restaurants Canada bridge the physical and digital gap replicating human connection that other virtual events miss.”
What Attendees Can Expect From the 2021 RC Show:
- A dynamic platform that includes augmented reality, B2B marketplace broadcast-quality conference platform and hologram technology
- World class content including high profile competition panels, education sessions, workshops with top innovators, experts and influencers made available to an international audience
- Customized, engaging and interactive booths with live chat, on-on-one meeting and networking rooms
- Government funded international buyers program to help attract global experts and buyers supported by a contribution from CanExport Associations, program of Global Affairs Canada
- Buyer Kits that will bring brands to life and provide interactive learning and tasting experiences
- Signature Live and Virtual Events in Toronto and across Canada that will provide networking and leading hospitality experiences led by top talent in our industry
Industry professionals can register at rcshow.com for special pricing and incentives available November 30th until January 31st. Registration coming soon at: https://www.rcshow.com/