RBA preparing for second RBA Roadshow
By Bakers Journal
By Bakers Journal
Jan. 18, 2013 – Retail Bakers of America (RBA) will host the second in the new RBA Roadshow series on March 3.
Jan. 18, 2013 – Retail Bakers of America (RBA) will host the second in the new RBA Roadshow series on March 3. Designed to bring bakers, cake decorators, vendors, students and educators together, this one-day event will be held at Renton Technical College in Renton, WA. RBA is building on the success of the RBA Road Show-Chicago, the first in regional education programming that RBA provides.
The day will begin with bakery tours. Tour participants will visit Bakery Nouveau, Cupcake Royale and Shoofly Pie. The program then segues into the vendor showcase, which is a table-top trade show with vendors including Dawn, BakeMark, Bella Cupcake Couture, Puratos, Lucks and many more. A buffet lunch will be served during the vendor showcase.
The educational offerings will be in the afternoon and include:
- Fun, single-serve desserts (Charra Jarosz)
- The art of shoe making (Norm Davis and Zane Beg)
- Brushed embroidery and advanced piping techniques (Mary Ann Quitugua)
- Pricing for profit: "As Seen on TV" cakes (Beth Fahey)
- Craving success: a start-up junkie's path from passion to profits (Melody Biringer)
- Champagne wishes and Budweiser budgets: defining your sales process (Renee Rouwhorst)
- All-natural baking (Puratos)
- Baking with whole grains (Tina Powers)
- Laminated doughs: danish and puff paste (Erhard Volcke)
The program will end in time for attendees to travel home or to spend time in the Seattle area.
The schedule for the road show is:
Bakery Tours (7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
Buffet Lunch (11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Vendor Showcase (11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Educational Sessions (1 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
Pricing for the event is as follows:
All inclusive: (tours, lunch, vendor showcase and education): $125
Tours, lunch and vendor showcase only: $75
Education, lunch and vendor showcase only: $75
Vendor showcase only: $20