Chartrand runs Bonjour Bakery with help from his wife, Ritsuko; their 28-year-old son Kenny; and two part-time employees. They purchased the business, then known as Tree Stone Bakery, in 2010, taking over from longtime owner/operator Nancy Rubuliak, who ran the bakery for more than a decade.
Bonjour Bakery beat out 11 other Canadian bakeries for the magazine's Business Innovation Award, which evaluates nominees using 10 questions as criteria. We asked each competitor if they had:
- introduced a new product or product line?
- implemented a social media strategy?
- launched a new marketing campaign?
- offer specialty products/something unique to their brand?
- been recognized with an award or distinction?
- changed operations?
- incorporated trends into their product offerings?
- held new events or special promotions?
- revamped current specialties to meet new demands?
- used new technologies or processes?
To learn more about Bonjour Bakery, visit http://www.yvanchartrand.com. To learn more about Jelly Modern Doughnuts, visit http://www.jellymoderndoughnuts.com.