Blueberry flax antioxidant bars
Granulated sugar - 89%
Butter - 51%
Vanilla - to taste
Salt - .6%
Pastry flour - 100%
Milled flaxseed - 21%
Coconut - 44%
Blueberry pie filling - 133%
Sanding sugar - 22%
1. Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
2. Add flour, milled flaxseed and coconut; mix to crumbly texture.
3. Spread 1,584 g (3 lb., 12 oz.) mixture on two sheet pans; flatten with small rolling pin.
4. Spread 1,360 g (3 lb.) pie filling on top of each prepared sheet pan.
5. Sprinkle remaining mixture evenly over top of both pans.
6. Sprinkle 227 g (8 oz.) sanding sugar on each sheet.
7. Bake at 3700F for 25 minutes.
8. When cool, cut into squares.
Yield: 18 dozen cookie bars.
Source: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Flour - 100%
Whole wheat flour - 100%
Wheat bran - 100%
Baking powder - 2.75%
Baking soda - 1.75%
Salt - 1.75%
Ground nutmeg - .50%
Orange zest - 3%
Unsalted butter, melted - 46.25%
Light brown sugar - 29.75%
Whole eggs - 20.75%
Sour cream - 46.25%
Peaches, peeled and chopped - 88%
1. Blend flours, bran, baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg, and zest; mix well.
2. Blend together butter, sugar, eggs, and sour cream; add to dry ingredients and mix until moistened, then add peaches.
3. Fill greased muffin pans 3/4 way full, add streusel if desired (flour, brown sugar, dash of cinnamon and butter, mixed until crumbly), then bake at 4000F for 25 minutes.
Online public consultation for food labellingConsumers make decisions on where their baked goods and snacks…
New executive vice-president for Hinds-BockHinds-Bock announced the promotion of Rod Gregg to executive vice…
Final Proof: The cookie, re-imaginedWhile most pastries, cookies and cakes are considered a decadent…
Canada launches Zero Plastic Waste CharterPrime Minister Justin Trudeau announced June10, 2019 that the Government…
BAC Atlantic Chapter Annual Golf TournamentTue Sep 17, 2019 @11:00am
BAC Ontario Chapter Night at the RacesWed Sep 25, 2019 @ 6:00pm
BAC Ontario Chapter Annual Holiday SocialFri Nov 29, 2019