Blueberry flax antioxidant bars
Granulated sugar - 89%
Butter - 51%
Vanilla - to taste
Salt - .6%
Pastry flour - 100%
Milled flaxseed - 21%
Coconut - 44%
Blueberry pie filling - 133%
Sanding sugar - 22%
1. Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
2. Add flour, milled flaxseed and coconut; mix to crumbly texture.
3. Spread 1,584 g (3 lb., 12 oz.) mixture on two sheet pans; flatten with small rolling pin.
4. Spread 1,360 g (3 lb.) pie filling on top of each prepared sheet pan.
5. Sprinkle remaining mixture evenly over top of both pans.
6. Sprinkle 227 g (8 oz.) sanding sugar on each sheet.
7. Bake at 3700F for 25 minutes.
8. When cool, cut into squares.
Yield: 18 dozen cookie bars.
Source: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Flour - 100%
Whole wheat flour - 100%
Wheat bran - 100%
Baking powder - 2.75%
Baking soda - 1.75%
Salt - 1.75%
Ground nutmeg - .50%
Orange zest - 3%
Unsalted butter, melted - 46.25%
Light brown sugar - 29.75%
Whole eggs - 20.75%
Sour cream - 46.25%
Peaches, peeled and chopped - 88%
1. Blend flours, bran, baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg, and zest; mix well.
2. Blend together butter, sugar, eggs, and sour cream; add to dry ingredients and mix until moistened, then add peaches.
3. Fill greased muffin pans 3/4 way full, add streusel if desired (flour, brown sugar, dash of cinnamon and butter, mixed until crumbly), then bake at 4000F for 25 minutes.
Food, beer and wine programs coming to Aurora, Ont.Aurora, Ont. – The Canadian Food and Wine Institute at…
Ultra-processed foods called out by Heart and Stroke AssociationOttawa – The Heart and Stroke Association is calling for…
Top 5 packaging trends: MintelToronto – Packaging will play a role in reducing global…
Restaurant spending to rise, bakery product prices to plateau, says Canadian food price reportHalifax – Canadians are eating out more and can expect…
January 20-24, 2018
February 3-6, 2018
RC Show 2018
February 25-27, 2018
Atlantic Bakery Expo 2018
April 8-9, 2018
Bakery Showcase 2018 Trade Show & Conference
April 29-30, 2018