Blueberry flax antioxidant bars
Granulated sugar - 89%
Butter - 51%
Vanilla - to taste
Salt - .6%
Pastry flour - 100%
Milled flaxseed - 21%
Coconut - 44%
Blueberry pie filling - 133%
Sanding sugar - 22%
1. Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
2. Add flour, milled flaxseed and coconut; mix to crumbly texture.
3. Spread 1,584 g (3 lb., 12 oz.) mixture on two sheet pans; flatten with small rolling pin.
4. Spread 1,360 g (3 lb.) pie filling on top of each prepared sheet pan.
5. Sprinkle remaining mixture evenly over top of both pans.
6. Sprinkle 227 g (8 oz.) sanding sugar on each sheet.
7. Bake at 3700F for 25 minutes.
8. When cool, cut into squares.
Yield: 18 dozen cookie bars.
Source: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Flour - 100%
Whole wheat flour - 100%
Wheat bran - 100%
Baking powder - 2.75%
Baking soda - 1.75%
Salt - 1.75%
Ground nutmeg - .50%
Orange zest - 3%
Unsalted butter, melted - 46.25%
Light brown sugar - 29.75%
Whole eggs - 20.75%
Sour cream - 46.25%
Peaches, peeled and chopped - 88%
1. Blend flours, bran, baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg, and zest; mix well.
2. Blend together butter, sugar, eggs, and sour cream; add to dry ingredients and mix until moistened, then add peaches.
3. Fill greased muffin pans 3/4 way full, add streusel if desired (flour, brown sugar, dash of cinnamon and butter, mixed until crumbly), then bake at 4000F for 25 minutes.
Clean(er) label fruit fillingPuratos Canada, the Canadian arm of global Belgium-based brand Puratos…
Marketing for Keto-friendly bakeriesMarketing intelligence firm, Mintel stated that Ketogenic diets, or “Keto”…
3 Cities in battle for "Best Bagel"It all began with the simple, but controversial question: Which…
The Final Proof: Tech disruption in the food sectorTechnology is bringing new opportunities and profitability to many sectors.…
Bakery Showcase Montréal 2019
May 5-6, 2019