Pie Dough - Ingredients
443.5g all-purpose flour, 291g unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, 79.99 g ice water, and a pinch of salt.
Add flour, butter and pinch of salt to the mixer, until mix is coarse. Add ice water, remove dough from mixer and form into a flat ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour. When dough has chilled remove from freezer and roll onto a lightly floured surface until it is 1/3 of an inch thick. Place the pot pie baking dish on top of the dough and trace with a knife half an inch from the edge of the baking dish. Keep pie crust covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Filling - Ingredients
- 2.73 kg cooked turkey breast, diced
- 480 g Cameron’s Auburn Ale
- 960 g turkey or chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 72.75g unsalted butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 purple-topped turnip, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1 onion, diced
- 153.6 g wild mushrooms
- 18.9 g tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2g chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2g chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350. In a large roasting pan, bring beer to a simmer and cook for three minutes. Add stock and bring back to a simmer. Transfer liquid to a saucepan, boil to reduce to 2 cups. Melt 3TB of butter in the liquid and add the all the vegetables. Cook vegetables until tender. Transfer vegetables to a plate and pour liquid into separate bowl. Melt rest of butter over medium heat, add flour and stir, for 5 minutes. Add the liquid (without vegetables) bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add turkey, vegetables and herbs; Mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
Fill a dish with mixture. Brush edges of the dish with egg wash. Top with egg washed pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden.