- Semi-sweet chocolate 680 g
- Unsalted butter 340 g
- Whole eggs 6
- Raspberries, fresh 1 pint
- Pâte sucrée 1 lined 10-inch tart tin (recipe included)
- Semi-sweet chocolate 340 g
- 35% cream 225 ml
- Unsalted butter 225 ml
Heat oven to 185 C (365 F)
- Line tart tin with short crust dough. Bake the shell “blind” for 8 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, melt semi-sweet chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Beat eggs in small mixing bowl at high speed for 5 minutes, until light and lemony in colour.
- Fold chocolate mixture into eggs until well blended. Pour into the partially baked shell and return the tart to the oven.
- Bake at 185 C (365 F) for a further 8-10 minutes; edges will be set and centre will jiggle.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour; then glaze with ganache.
To prepare ganache:
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring the cream and butter to a low boil.
- Add in the chocolate and stir until blended well.
- Cool to 29 C (85 F).
- Pour chocolate ganache over the tart and allow to cool.
To serve, cover tart with the fresh raspberries and dust with icing sugar and dark chocolate shavings.