PACK EXPO 2013 offers innovation and technology
May 23, 2013 By Bakers Journal
May 23, 2013, Las Vegas – Global Industry Analysts, expect global sales of snack foods to increase seven per cent annually to reach $334 billion by 2015.
PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013 (September 23-25; Las Vegas Convention Center) will help baking professionals by connecting them with 1,600 exhibitors, innovative materials, containers and other technologies to enhance shelf appeal, product freshness and improve line efficiency, as well as, comply with food safety regulations.
Special show features will enhance the experience, too, by making it easy for baking and snack attendees find the solutions they need across the line:
• The Baking-Snack Break lounge, hosted by the Snack Food Association (SFA) will provide a dedicated area where professionals can network with peers, meet with suppliers and engage experts for technical advice about packaging- and processing-related challenges.
• The Brand Zone, located in the South Hall, will feature innovative containers and to give brands a competitive edge at the point of sale and build loyalty with consumers.
• Small- and medium-sized baking and snack manufacturers (annual revenues $50-$500 million) qualify for the new SMB FastTrack program. This free program will connect attendees with exhibitors that offer special incentives, programs, pricing or other services to SMBs. Additional SMB FastTrack Platinum benefits are available to C-suite executives. Full details are available at www.packexpo.com/fasttrack.
• The Food Safety Summit Resource Center will provide a forum for baking and snack professionals to speak with subject matter experts about compliance with pending regulations, including those stemming from the Food Safety Modernization Act.
• Free education sessions will be offered daily at the Innovation Stage. (Presentation topics and times will be announced in the weeks leading up to the show.)
“The significant growth opportunities in developing markets such as Asia-Pacific, Latin America and India, may challenge baking and snack manufacturers as they accommodate consumers’ changing eating habits, merchants’ influence on packaging, a variety of regulatory landscapes and continued demand for greater sustainability measures,” says Charles D. Yuska, PMMI president and CEO.
He adds, “PACK EXPO will provide the resources they need to meet these challenges and thrive — including the chance to discover new ideas and technologies developed for other industry segments. Looking to other industries for inspiration and guidance is key in the race to innovate.”
To register for PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013, visit www.packexpo.com. A discounted registration fee of $30 applies until Sept. 9, when it increases to $60.
Print this page