Health and Safety
List of postponed food industry events due to COVID-19
March 13, 2020 By Bakers Journal
Many North American food industry events have been postponed due to choosing to “flatten the curve” to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here is a short list of events that have been cancelled or postponed to maintain public health:
- The International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas has been postponed for June 26-28, 2020.
- The International Artisan Bakery Expo in Las Vegas has been postponed for June 26-28, 2020.
- The Bakery Showcase has been postponed until November 8-9, 2020
- SIAL Canada has been postponed for August 5-7, 2020
- Interpack 2020 has been postponed for February 25 to March 3, 2021
To date, the Atlantic Bakery Expo is still scheduled to continue as planned. Many conference sites, restaurants and bakeries are strongly recommending that vendors and participants do the following to stay healthy and not spread potential contagion:
- Wipe down all surfaces such as keypads, counters and payment devices with disinfectant wipes
- Post signs at the reception area, payment area and bathrooms of hand-washing techniques
- Post signs at the door and reception to reassure clients that no-one on the premises have travelled recently
- Ask employees if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness and urge them to get tested and stay home.
For more information on Coronavirus and how to prevent it, please refer to the resources on the IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control Canada) site.
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply