Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Custom design specialty order cakes to customer specifications; select appropriate size of cake needed for design
- Decorate production cakes with exceptionally innovative and creative techniques to envision unique patterns
- Ensure all product orders are produced on time to highest quality standards
- Prepare decorating materials such as icing and trims; form decorations and transfer to cakes
- Maintain baking equipment and utensils for sanitation, cleanliness and full operation.
- An associate degree in baking and pastry arts and/or successful completion of a certification course in pastry arts
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of equipment and recipes; basic math skills
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Quick learner and able to adapt to change
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish tasks with high attention to detail.
The company is located in the Islington and QEW area.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with
disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicantsare requiredto make their needs known in advance.