Blueberry coffee cake
All-purpose flour - 935 g
Baking powder - 38 g
Salt - 28 g
Baking soda - 14 g
Granulated sugar - 600 g
Walnuts, chopped - 300 g
Bananas, mashed - 700 g
Milk - 650 ml
Eggs, beaten - 350 ml
Margarine, melted - 300 g
Blueberries, fresh or frozen - 900 g
Golden sugar - 300 g
Cinnamon - 7 g
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet (18"x 26"x 1")
2. Blend dry ingredients then stir in walnuts.
3. Combine bananas, milk, eggs and margarine; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Spread batter onto greased baking sheet.
5. Spread blueberries evenly over the top of the cake.
6. Mix the golden sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle over the blueberries.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 48 servings.
Blueberry-orange upside down cake
Orange segments - 1.4 kg
Unsalted butter - 454 g
Brown sugar - 680 g
Blueberries, fresh or frozen - 1.4 kg
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Melt butter in an 18"x1" baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter; cook for three minutes.
4. Remove from heat and arrange the orange segments on the sugar.
5. Arrange the blueberries around the orange segments.
All-purpose flour - 900 g
Baking powder - 16 g
Baking soda - 16 g
Salt - 5 g
Unsalted butter - 454 g
Granulated sugar - 800 g
Vanilla - 20 ml
Orange juice - 60 ml
Eggs - 360 ml
Buttermilk - 900 ml
Grated orange peel - 40 g
Chopped nuts - 560 g
1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. Cream butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs.
3. Add the vanilla and orange juice.
4. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
5. Stir in the orange peel and nuts.
6. Spread the batter carefully and evenly over the topping.
7. Bake until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean (approximately 40 to 50 minutes).
8. Cool on a rack for five minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
Recipes courtesy the British Columbia Blueberry Council, www.bcblueberry.comv
Filled with both antioxidants and flavour, who doesn’t love the blueberry? Below are two recipes from the British Columbia Blueberry Council.
Free Safe Snack Guide helps professionals avoid allergensSnackSafely.com, publisher of the Safe Snack Guide, the resource that…
IDDBA wins Best of Sustainability AwardThe International Dairy Deli Bakery Association announced that they will…
New government funding to boost Canadian cherry exportsThe Honourable David Lametti, Minister of Justice and Attorney General…
Final Proof: Sustainability on TrendEven though sustainability in the food industry is seen as…
BAC Atlantic Chapter Annual Golf TournamentTue Sep 17, 2019 @11:00am
BAC Ontario Chapter Night at the RacesWed Sep 25, 2019 @ 6:00pm
BAC BC Chapter Fall Baking Workshop: "Quest for All Things Sourdough"Wed Oct 23, 2019 @ 2:00pm
BAC Ontario Chapter Annual Holiday SocialFri Nov 29, 2019