Blueberry coffee cake
All-purpose flour - 935 g
Baking powder - 38 g
Salt - 28 g
Baking soda - 14 g
Granulated sugar - 600 g
Walnuts, chopped - 300 g
Bananas, mashed - 700 g
Milk - 650 ml
Eggs, beaten - 350 ml
Margarine, melted - 300 g
Blueberries, fresh or frozen - 900 g
Golden sugar - 300 g
Cinnamon - 7 g
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet (18"x 26"x 1")
2. Blend dry ingredients then stir in walnuts.
3. Combine bananas, milk, eggs and margarine; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Spread batter onto greased baking sheet.
5. Spread blueberries evenly over the top of the cake.
6. Mix the golden sugar and cinnamon together then sprinkle over the blueberries.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 48 servings.
Blueberry-orange upside down cake
Orange segments - 1.4 kg
Unsalted butter - 454 g
Brown sugar - 680 g
Blueberries, fresh or frozen - 1.4 kg
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Melt butter in an 18"x1" baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter; cook for three minutes.
4. Remove from heat and arrange the orange segments on the sugar.
5. Arrange the blueberries around the orange segments.
All-purpose flour - 900 g
Baking powder - 16 g
Baking soda - 16 g
Salt - 5 g
Unsalted butter - 454 g
Granulated sugar - 800 g
Vanilla - 20 ml
Orange juice - 60 ml
Eggs - 360 ml
Buttermilk - 900 ml
Grated orange peel - 40 g
Chopped nuts - 560 g
1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. Cream butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs.
3. Add the vanilla and orange juice.
4. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
5. Stir in the orange peel and nuts.
6. Spread the batter carefully and evenly over the topping.
7. Bake until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean (approximately 40 to 50 minutes).
8. Cool on a rack for five minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
Recipes courtesy the British Columbia Blueberry Council, www.bcblueberry.comv
Filled with both antioxidants and flavour, who doesn’t love the blueberry? Below are two recipes from the British Columbia Blueberry Council.
Puratos finds key food trends from 3-year studyPuratos Canada, the Canadian arm of global Belgium-based brand Puratos…
Canadian Pizza Summit announces new eventToronto – This October, the Canadian Pizza Summit adds a…
Bundy Baking Solutions launches new businessBundy Baking Solutions announced the launch of a new business,…
Ruby chocolate finally available in CanadaThe wait is over: Ruby chocolate is now broadly available…