IBIE 2016 will be biggest show ever
August 2, 2016 By Doug Picklyk
Washington, D.C. – The 2016 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE) returns to Las Vegas October 8-11, where an anticipated 20,000-plus bakery professionals will gather to network, learn and check out the latest innovations in baking supplies, ingredients and equipment from more than 900 manufacturers and suppliers covering more than 700,000 square feet of exhibit space.
“We’re excited for attendees and exhibitors alike to see what’s new at IBIE with programs that better facilitate networking, hands-on learning and inspiration,” said Michael Cornelis, chairman, IBIE, in a release. “IBIE is proud to bring together all segments of the grain-based food industry and we’ve revamped old favorites and added some fresh, exciting features to the mix for 2016 to ensure everyone—whether they’re first time visitors or have been multiple times—has a truly exceptional experience.”
The long list of featured events at this year’s IBIE includes:
- The All-American Tailgate, the official kick-off event, takes place on the opening night of October 8 at 4:30 p.m. Held on the show floor, tickets include unlimited drinks, tailgate-style food, music, interactive games and sports on big screens.
- The Idea LAB serves includes the Innovation Spotlight Theater featuring the industry’s latest advancements, as well as an “Ask the Experts” answer bar. In addition, the new IBIE Bakers Dozen Cafe within the Idea LAB provides an area to eat while networking with other industry professionals.
- Fresh Take Talks presented by Grain Foods Foundation are 20-minute TED Talk-like presentations about what’s next for the industry.
- The Innovation Showcase brings the latest advancements to the forefront in a display in the convention center grand concourse.
- IBIE has developed—in conjunction with the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA)—a new pavilion on the show floor dedicated to cold storage solutions and innovations.
- The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater feature free daily demos by celebrity chefs and cake decorators on the show floor.
- An expanded education program features 90-plus sessions designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
- More than 20 new seminars focus on issues facing the industry today, featuring expanded content for upper management.
- This year’s speakers include Todd Hale, Lee Sanders and Ramon Rivera, and business leaders who run the largest bakeries in the world.
- The education program begins October 7, the day before the expo opens, with RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association’s technical and management conference.
- Education seminars are organized into nine tracks: technical, retail, bread bakers guild of America, international, management, sales and marketing, ingredients and processes, food safety and sanitation, and retail hands-on (cake and pastry decorating). Sessions are held daily from 8:30 a.m. to noon and in the evening.
- Popular returning features include: B.E.S.T. in Baking Program, The Great American Pie Festival, PMQ Pizza Village and RBA’s 15th Annual Pillsbury Bakers’ Plus Creative Decorating Competition.
For more information, or to register visit IBIE 2016.
Print this page
Leave a Reply