Get tools to promote your bakery on Small Business Saturday Nov. 26
November 22, 2022
By Bakers Journal
Celebrate your success and promote your bakery or bakery-café on Small Business Saturday Nov. 26 with the help of free tools and resources from the Canadian Federation of Independent Business.
The annual movement, presented by CFIB and and sponsored by American Express, encourages Canadians to visit small, local businesses during the holiday shopping season.
“Small businesses are big contributors to their communities and in turn, shopping local makes a big difference for our neighbourhoods and the broader Canadian economy,” said Laura Jones, executive vice-president at CFIB. “We’re encouraging all Canadians to support local and shop at small businesses on Nov. 26 and throughout the holidays. Where we choose to spend our money makes a difference.”
In a recent survey, 38 per cent of CFIB retail members said they would be offering sales or special discounts in their business this weekend.
The organization lists many reasons Canadians can feel good about shopping local on Small Business Saturday and for the holidays:
- Keeping our communities vibrant and thriving
- Supporting Canadian workers: small businesses employ over half of private sector employees across Canada, according to Statistics Canada
- Supporting local causes: two in three small retailers donate time and money to local charities and causes
- Keeping dollars local: 69 per cent of small retailers buy from other local businesses
- Supporting someone’s dream
Small Business Saturday details:
Small business owners interested in celebrating Small Business Saturday can visit SmallBusinessEveryDay.ca for free tools and resources, including printable posters and digital images.
Print this page