Germany to host conference on the future of food production
August 11, 2015 By Bakers Journal
Aug. 11, 2015, Cologne, Germany – The German Institute for Food Technologies (DIL) is organizing an international forum for business, research and political professionals to gather to discuss the food production of tomorrow.
For the first time, Anuga will be the setting for the ifood 2015 – Innovation Food Conference. Representatives will discuss the theme of food production and world nutrition on Oct. 12 and 13 during Anuga – the world’s biggest trade fair for food and beverages in the Rheinsaal, Congress Centre North at Koelnmesse.
Four key topics will dominate the course of the ifood conference:
- Industry 4.0 – The Internet of Things
- Consumer trends – the driving force
- New foods – technological innovations
- Converging industries – borderless exchange
High profile speakers will include:
- Michael Huther, director, German Institute for Economic Research in Cologne
- Hanni Rutzler, nutritionist and health psychologist trend researcher, futurefoodstudio
- Enrico Krien, senior business consultant, Nielsen Germany
- Christian Janze, partner, Ernst & Young, director of the German Agribusiness Initiative
- John David Roeg, senior analyst consumer foods, Rabobank Food & Agribusiness Research and Advisory (FAR)
- Olaf Lies, Minister of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport for Lower Saxony
- Jannik H. Schmidt, CEO, 2.-0 LCA Consultants
The conference will be presented in English.
For additional information about the ifood conference, visit www.ifoodconference.com.
Print this page