Formula: Walnut Asiago Biscotti
November 27, 2007
By Recipe adapted by Rosemary Mark for the Walnut Marketing Board www.walnuts.org
These savoury, cracker-like biscotti are the perfect accompaniment for red wine and cheese, or soup and salad.
|These savoury, cracker-like biscotti are the perfect accompaniment for red wine and cheese, or soup and salad.
|All-purpose flour||720 g|
|Chopped walnuts||425 g|
|Granulated sugar||20 g|
|Minced fresh rosemary||4 g|
|Ground black pepper||4 g|
|Baking powder||9 g|
|Baking soda||6 g|
|Kosher salt||6 g|
|Extra virgin olive oil||175 ml|
|Whole eggs, large||6|
|Egg whites||90 ml|
|Shredded Asiago cheese||180 g|
|Kosher salt (for sprinkling)||6 g|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C. Combine flour, 225 g of the walnuts, sugar, rosemary, pepper, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in food processor. Process until walnuts are finely ground.
2. Add oil, eggs, egg whites and cheese; pulse until dough is evenly moistened. Knead in remaining walnuts.
3. Divide dough in thirds. Shape dough into three logs, each approximately 30 x 7 x 2 cm. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with remaining salt.
4. Bake 25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
5. Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 300 F /150 C.
6. Cool logs at least 15 minutes before slicing. With a sharp knife cut each log into thin (6-mm) slices.
7. Arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and crisp to the touch. Biscotti will continue to crisp as they cool. Transfer to cooling racks.
Yield: 96 biscotti (or 48 servings; 2 per serving)
Recipe adapted by Rosemary Mark for the Walnut Marketing Board and supplied by www.walnutinfo.com
Print this page