January 24, 2011 By Bakers Journal
| Butter 82% fat
|Confectionary sugar||150 g|
| Almond powder
| Pastry flour
| Cocoa powder
| Fresh egg whites
| Apple compote
| Total weight
- Prepare beurre noisette by heating the butter in a saucepan until light brown, then strain.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the egg whites, apple compote and strained beurre noisette.
- Let mature overnight.
- Pipe in molds and garnish with gianduja cubes, candied orange and cacao nibs.
- Bake in a convection oven at 375 F (190 C) with vent closed for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and keep in an airtight box or freeze.
This recipe is courtesy of The French Pastry School in Chicago. www.frenchpastryschool.com
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply