Exquisite raisin juice flatbread
March 31, 2008 By CALIFORNIA RAISIN
The secret ingredient in this raisin juice flatbread formula from the California Raisin Marketing Board? Raisin juice concentrate.
|Instant dry yeast||1||0.6|
|Raisin juice concentrate||12||7.5|
Mixture of equal parts semolina and sesame seeds (1 pound each)
- Mix all ingredients at low speed for two minutes.
- Increase the mixer to second speed for six minutes.
- Ferment for 20 to 30 minutes at six minutes.
- Divide and round into 9-ounce balls.
- Place on tray and cover; rest for 90 minutes.
- Roll balls in semolina and sesame seed mixture.
- Run through sheeter or flatten by hand to 1/2-inch thick and less than 9-inches in diameter.
- Cover and dry proof for one hour.
- Bake at 475 F for six minutes, three minutes per side.
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board, created by Taueb Dridi of The Farmer’s Bakery in Philadelphia, Pa.
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply