The secret ingredient in this raisin juice flatbread formula from the California Raisin Marketing Board? Raisin juice concentrate.
|Instant dry yeast||1||0.6|
|Raisin juice concentrate||12||7.5|
Mixture of equal parts semolina and sesame seeds (1 pound each)
- Mix all ingredients at low speed for two minutes.
- Increase the mixer to second speed for six minutes.
- Ferment for 20 to 30 minutes at six minutes.
- Divide and round into 9-ounce balls.
- Place on tray and cover; rest for 90 minutes.
- Roll balls in semolina and sesame seed mixture.
- Run through sheeter or flatten by hand to 1/2-inch thick and less than 9-inches in diameter.
- Cover and dry proof for one hour.
- Bake at 475 F for six minutes, three minutes per side.
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board, created by Taueb Dridi of The Farmer’s Bakery in Philadelphia, Pa.
Print this page