Evergreen Brick Works celebrates wild blueberry month
August 4, 2011 By Bakers Journal
August 4, 2011, Toronto – In celebration of August as wild blueberry month, Evergreen Brick Works is hosting its second annual Wild Blueberry Festival.
The festival, which runs Aug. 20, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, will be held at Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Ave. in Toronto.
The festival will include:
- A wild blueberry feast at the farmers’ market, with 14 different vendors offering wild blueberry treats.
- Tasty wild blueberry dishes from chef Brad Long at Café Belong with guest chef Charlotte Langley of Whalesbone Oyster House, Ottawa
- Wild blueberry pie bake-off with celebrity judges and prizes
- A variety of children’s activities including a hands-on children’s baking workshop with Bettina Schormann, pastry chef and co-author of Earth to Table, blueberry tie-dyeing and face painting
- Wild blueberry garden talk with grower, Laura Sabourin from Feast of Fields farm, highlighting nutritional benefits, the differences between wild lowbush and cultivated highbush, and how to manage the harvest
- Book signing for Earth to Table by chef and co-authors Jeff Crump & Bettina Schormann
- Preserving The Wild workshop led by Voula Halliday, presented by Slow Food Toronto in partnership with Bernardin Home Canning
- Live music from The Starfires (in the morning) and Samantha Clayton & Bernard Dionne (in the afternoon)
For more information, visit www.wildblueberries.com.
Print this page