Baking for a Living
November 01 - November 04, 2021
Seraphina's Oven, 11286 Greenhill Dr, Ladysmith, BC V9G 1Y4, (250) 619-4464
Join Martin Barnett (Red Seal Baker, business owner and instructor) for an intensive 4-day course on the business of baking. This session offers a blueprint for entrepreneurs wishing to start their own bakery, home-based business, coffee-shop, bed and breakfast, tea garden or farmer’s market stall. We will work in teams, baking for half of every day and learning business theory for the rest of the time.
- Making a business plan
- Health and Safety regulations
- Understanding demographics (your customers)
- Formulation of recipes and costing
- Equipment purchase/Bakery Layout
- Ingredient selection
- Baking projects will cover a selection of basic artisan products; slow fermented yeast breads and buns, croissants, quick-breads and morning and afternoon tea pastries.
- Packaging and display
- Guest mentors
Classes will start at 9:00 am and end at 4:00 pm.
Day 3 will include a mentor supper which the students will prepare and receive feedback from invited industry experts.
(Healthy Lunch and snacks provided.)
This course is inspired and endorsed by Andrew Whitley (Bread Matters), the author, baker, and campaigner for Real Bread from Scotland UK.
4 Days of intense Training: $800 + GST = $840
Visit event's website
Print this page