Croissant French Toast with Spicy Peanut Butter
May 17, 2021 By Bakers Journal
This recipe offers a way for bakers to avoid food waste by using stale croissants. This makes a great take-out offer for those offering a brunch option in their bakery.
- 1/2 cup milk (any works, but coconut milk is recommended for richness)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 croissants, cut in half horizontally
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Manba Spicy Peanut Butter
- Sliced strawberries
- Chopped peanuts
- Powdered sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine milk, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Dip croissant halves into the egg mixture coating well.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the croissant halves and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Spread some peanut butter on two halves. Top with strawberries and the other 2 croissant halves. Drizzle with more peanut butter. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and powdered sugar.
Print this page