- 4 cups (1 L) whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) water
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fancy molasses
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped dried apples
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
Stir the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk the applesauce, water, molasses, oil, and egg together. Add this to the flour all at once and stir until blended. Stir in the chopped dried apples.
Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for about 30 minutes, until the pupcakes spring back when gently pressed. Let the pupcakes cool for 15 minutes in the tin before turning out.
The pupcakes will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Makes 48 mini pupcakes.