Business and Operations
Busy lineup for RC Show in April
January 31, 2023 By Bakers Journal
Toronto – Restaurants Canada’s three-day RC Show 2023 will return to Toronto’s Enercare Centre April 10-12, focusing on the theme “Heart & Hustle” to highlight an industry that has been challenged, survived and revived itself, and is now looking ahead to the future.
Although restaurants, bakeries and all in the hospitality sector have begun to bounce back from the pandemic, long-term effects and challenges such as labour shortages, inflation and supply chain issues, debt management, and a looming recession continue to fuel the industry’s need for innovative and practical solutions to continue to evolve and support the communities it serves.
Despite food service being the fourth-largest private-sector employer, the pandemic exacerbated issues like labour shortages, bringing job vacancies in food service to over 171,000 as of June 2022. Alongside this debt and inflation continue to add pressure to the sector with half of Canada’s food-service operators currently operating at a loss or just breaking even.
The RC Show looks to provide new opportunities, lead conversations that inspire innovation, provide a platform to connect, present hands-on demonstrations, address current issues and provide solutions to strengthen business operations and keep doors open. Attendees can expect to find top brands and suppliers, as well as programming from local and international thought leaders who will assemble to discuss trending issues and money-making ideas to support moving the industry forward.
Here is a taste of some of the ways RC Show is offering practical solutions set to inspire the industry going forward:
- Informative sessions across multiple stages, immersive workshops, enlightening panel discussions, and fireside chats with leaders who will explore all topics that matter most to operators
- A newly designed, interactive and fully functional pop-up restaurant that will activate brands, equipment, and technologies offering unique experiences while showcasing the latest culinary advancements to help generate revenue
- The return of RC Show’s signature events including the Opening Night Reception, Breakfast With Champions and Industry Night Out events
- New and returning competitions in every sector, including mixology, sommelier, barista and culinary, such as Bocuse d’Or and the world-renowned Garland Canada Culinary Competition that will showcase up-and-coming talent from across Canada, as well as a new pastry chef and pizza competitions
For more information on this year’s event, visit rcshow.com.
Print this page
- Webinar explores impact of single-use plastics ban on food service
- New job as head baker helps Ukrainian newcomer find familiarity in Winnipeg