|Fresh yeast||335 g|
|High gluten flour
|Whole wheat flour||900 g
|Granulated sugar||335 g
|Ground cinnamon||30 g|
|Whole eggs||2.4 L|
|Soybean oil||1.2 L|
|Apples, cut into 1/2” cubes||2.25 kg|
|Walnuts, medium pieces
1. Dissolve yeast in water, then add everything but the apples and walnuts and mix until well developed. Final dough temperature should be 79 to 80 F.
2. Ferment covered in the bowl for about an hour.
3. Scale into 80 g to 100 g pieces. Use as little dusting powder as possible.
4. Rope each piece into an even length long enough to wrap completely around the palm of your hand. Roll the piece forward and backward on the bench. Be sure to seal the ends well and have the thickness uniform.
5. Place the formed bagels on a cornmeal-dusted board. Let rise until half-proofed or for about 20 minutes.
6. Prepare a mixture of 12 L of water and 150 g of sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Drop the half-proofed bagels in the water. When they rise to the surface, remove with a skimmer, drain, and place on lightly-greased or paper-lined pans.
7. Bake at 400 F to 425 F until golden brown.