Business and Operations
Best New Product award winners suggest better-for-you breads tops with Canadians
February 7, 2022 By Bakers Journal
Toronto – The Best New Product Awards suggest Canadians are interested in new and different products with strong health claims and will pay more to have a better experience.
The awards were announced together with new research by BrandSpark International on Canadians’ shopping habits for consumer products.
BrandSpark’s research indicates interest in new products increased this past year with 73 per cent of household shoppers saying they like trying new products, and 47 per cent reporting they actively look for products that are new and different. Six in 10 shoppers also say they will pay more for a new product they believe might provide a better experience.
More than 12,000 Canadians voted on the latest beauty, health, personal care, food, beverage, household, home goods and pet products in 77 categories.
Category winners for bread and baked products include:
- Flavoured Bread – Stonemill Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt
- Organic Bread – Oroweat Organic 22 Grains & Seeds Thin Sliced Bread
- Protein Enhanced Bread – Bon Matin, Miche protéinée
- Specialty Bagels/Rolls – Dempster’s Signature Bagels
- Sweet Snacks for Kids – Sara Lee Little Bites Party Cake
Learn the winners in all categories.
Print this page
Leave a Reply